Review of Rancilio HSD-ROC-SS Rocky Espresso Coffee Grinder with Doser Chamber
- 1 Update: Fed, 2017
- 2 Introduction
- 3 Highlighting features of the Rancilio HSD-ROC-SS Rocky Espresso Coffee Grinder with Doser Chamber
- 4 Pros and Cons of the Rancilio HSD-ROC-SS Rocky Espresso Coffee Grinder
- 5 A closer thought
- 6 Customer reviews on Rancilio HSD-ROC-SS Rocky Espresso Coffee Grinder
- 7 Conclusion
- 8 Related Post
Update: Fed, 2017
In the espresso world, freshness is everything. Therefore, a good espresso coffee maker should have a perfect coffee grinder as an companion, rather than a cheap grinder or any packed coffee powder. The Rancilio Rocky Espresso Coffee Grinder is designed to accompany commercial espresso coffee makers that will never let you down. This coffee grinders create a consistent coffee powder profile (either fine or courser which is upon on your choice) and the machine is built to last for decades.
Highlighting features of the Rancilio HSD-ROC-SS Rocky Espresso Coffee Grinder with Doser Chamber
If you are having a Rancilio Silvia, then the Rocky coffee grinder will become a great pair. This coffee grinder is optimized to reach the parameter of a commercial grinder (entry-level).
- It is created for long lasting. Many owners said their machine work properly for over 10 years without any repair.
- It easy extremely easy to use and easy to clean
- It deliver freshly grind powder at a consistent quality (fine/ courser level).
- It uses a 50mm plate grinding burrs, the same with commercial grinder.
- It has a high capacity. It can grind up to almost 8 lbs per hour.
- It has a powerful motor (working at 1725 rpm) but very quite when running.
- It can create either fine powder or partly coarse powder for your personal customization.
Other features such as:
- It contains a dosing chamber which holds freshly ground coffee powder.
- It dispenses about 7 grs coffee powder into the portafilter by a light pull handle.
- Construction of the Rancilio HSD-ROC-SS Rocky Espresso Coffee Grinder with Doser Chamber
- It is designed with a cast aluminium structure and plastic panelling which is durable and stable when running.
- The coffee bean is stored in a hopper cover by a plastic lid and after running the grinding, you can collect the powder in front of the machine by using a light handle lever.
Pros and Cons of the Rancilio HSD-ROC-SS Rocky Espresso Coffee Grinder
- Works quiet, no ear buds are needed as counter to cheap grinders.
- Grind beautifully either fine powder or courser powder is up to you.
- Best in price at range of $300
- Only downside is that to use the dispenser you need to grind more coffee, probably 10+ shots of espresso worth otherwise the measuring unit gives out random amounts that make it hard to properly fill a portafilter.
A closer thought
The Rancilio HSD-ROC-SS Rocky Espresso Coffee Grinder delivers great espresso coffee powder in a fast manner. It creates lesser noise than others (under 70 db., stated by Rancilio) and elegantly designed. Together with Rancilio Silvia, it creates a something so-called “finicky espresso couple”.
Customer reviews on Rancilio HSD-ROC-SS Rocky Espresso Coffee Grinder
There a a lot of praises for this model from Rancilio, such as:
If you are looking for a high value coffee grinder, this Rancilio grinder which is met commercial grade is the perfect choice for you. Just check this Rancilio grinder on Amazon to see discounts and savings.