Review: The Gaggia Titanium Super Automatic Espresso Machine
(Be sure to read through to the end of the article where I reveal to you where to get the Gaggia Titanium super automatic espresso machine for the best price on the Internet)
Add together its elegant looks, an impressively long features list, push-button ease-of-operation, low maintenance, and the excellent “I must be in Italy…” quality of espresso that this machine produces, and you end up with a brilliantly awesome espresso machine.
Simplicity By Design
The menus are easy to navigate thanks to a an electric blue LCD display. Push-button simplicity begins with seven programmable buttons which operate many of the features on the machine including five temperature settings, three coffee volume settings, pre-infusion, a pre-grinding feature, and an on/off timer and clock. A sleek stainless steel front panel and steel outer shell house the Titanium’s stainless steel-lined brewing boiler and additional steaming boiler. This double-boiler system is designed to create steam for heating and frothing milk without the typical wait time after you have finished brewing your coffee. And the Gaggia Titanium gives you the option of using either the stainless steel Gaggia Turbo Frother or the auto-frother (which is included) to make supremely delicious cappuccinos and lattes.
Your Espresso Drink the Way You Like It
Customizing your espresso or coffee drinks is absolute simplicity. Firstly you can select from three brewing button options to dispense the exact amount of coffee that you’d like. If you want to adjust the grind of the beans, somewhere between very fine and somewhat coarse, then all you have to do is open the Titanium’s 8.5 oz bean hopper to and choose between 18 individual grind settings. While you’re there in the bean hopper (did I mention that the hopper holds up to 8.5 ounces of your favorite coffee beans?) you’ll see where you can make the adjustment to deliver between 6 and 9 grams of coffee for each shot. And since it seems that everybody likes their coffee just a little different you can easily change any of these settings whenever you need to, and then change back again! And if for some reason you find yourself in the mood for something a little different than the whole bean coffee you keep in the machine, like decaf (really?), you can easily add pre-ground coffee to the Titanium’s bypass doser and brew away!
Easy to Love
Whenever the espresso machine needs more water or beans, or even when it needs to be cleaned, a helpful message appears on the LCD display, alerting you to do so. And a feature that you will love is the Titanium’s swivel base, giving you easy access to the 60 ounce removable water reservoir, the used grounds dump box, the drip tray, and internal brew group for the simplest cleaning and maintenance possible, without having to lift and move the machine! A menu button in the control panel offers one touch access that makes it easy to program auto turn-on and shut-off, set pre-grinding and pre-brewing options, and change the display language among several other options.
Let Me Count the Ways…
Here is a summary of some of the features and benefits that you will absolutely love in your Gaggia Titanium Espresso Machine:
- The RapidSteam technology allows you to instantly go from brewing to steaming, and back again, without the re-heat wait time associated with single boiler systems. You’ll be making cappuccinos and lattes faster than any drip machine could ever make a simple cup of coffee.
- The push button technology allows you to simply press the brew button and the machine will automatically grind and extract the coffee to your desired taste. And when the coffee is finished brewing it will place the coffee grounds into the internal dump box for later disposal.
- The LCD display will tell you when to add beans, add water, if the brew group is out of place and even when to de-calcify the machine. You will also use the LCD display technology for system programming that includes temperature control, auto shut-off, pre-infusion, pre-grinding, and cup warmer.
- You have total control over coffee strength and flavor at the push of a button with the Gaggia Titanium’s adjustable doser, which controls the amount of ground coffee used for each drink (between 6 and 9 grams for a single shot).
- Have your coffee at the temperature you prefer. The Titanium features five different temperature settings for maximum control.
- Coffee pre-infusion is the first step to a great espresso coffee drink. As part of the brewing process the Titanium first moistens and conditions the ground coffee in a two second process. Another two second pause allows the ground coffee’s aromatic oils to leach from the interior of the coffee before brewing begins.
- The professional conical burr grinder has 18 settings allowing you to grind from fine to coarse to accommodate light, medium or dark, espresso or regular coffee beans.
- Preheating your coffee cups is important so the Titanium features a cup warmer that will hold up to six espresso cups and is actively heated. When the machine is on, the cup warmer will be on.
- The Titanium comes equipped with a new stainless steel Turbo-Frother frothing wand. It also comes with an automatic frothing attachment which will drop pre-frothed milk directly into your cup.
- The large removable reservoir holds 60 ounces of water which is enough for approximately 30 espressos or 10 cups of coffee.
- The Gaggia brew group, which is the internal part that brews the coffee is easy to remove and clean. Just open the front panel and remove with the thumb release lever. Simple maintenance would include a quick rinse and dry.
- The bean hopper holds 8.5 oz of fresh whole bean coffee which is enough for approximately 30 espressos before refilling.
- There is a removable dump box located inside the machine which is easily accessed from the front by sliding out the drip tray. The digital display will indicate when the tray or the dump box need to be emptied.
More Than Just an Espresso Machine
The Gaggia Titanium Super Automatic Espresso Machine is more then just an “Espresso Machine”. It is a small self-indulgence that will make you happy for years to come. It is an awesome addition to your kitchen, and will be enjoyed by all of your friends and family. You will love being able to make your own espressos, lattes, and cappuccinos whenever you desire, and you’ll be saving a small fortune over what you used to pay at your local coffee house. If you’re a nut about a good cup of coffee then you deserve to splurge on yourself, because a good espresso is one of life’s simple pleasures.