Review of Gaggia 14101 Classic Espresso Machine, Brushed Stainless Steel
Updated: Feb, 2017
Gaggia is one of the most respected espresso coffee manufacturers and the Gaggia 14101 Classic Espresso Machine is the best seller from this brand. If you are about to upgrade your daily espresso cup within an affordable budget, this semi-automatic espresso machine is the ideal candidate.
The Gaggia 14101 Classic Espresso Machine is built with commercial-grade quality, giving the machine a long-life durability and high performance to deliver a rich, full espresso cup every brewing.
- The Gaggia 14101 Classic Espresso Machine, Brushed Stainless Steel is a worthy investment if you want to brew your true espresso at home every day within a budget.
- This machine is ideal for espresso beginner, as it requires less maintenance but still delivers consistent shot of espresso.
Why the Gaggia 14101 Classic Espresso Machine, Brushed Stainless Steel is a special machine
- The machine is built to meet commercial grade quality from an authentic brand from Italy and importantly its price is very affordable (about $350).
- The machine is very easy to set up and to operate. Besides, cleaning is also very quick and on the top of that, it delivers constant rich crema espresso shots.
- The Gaggia 14101 model is very elegant and fits any kitchen style.
- The machine uses high-duty materials for longevity.
Construction of the Gaggia 14101 Classic Espresso Machine, Brushed Stainless Steel
The Gaggia 14101 Classic Espresso Machine is designed as an commercial grade espresso machine (beginner level), therefore you can see most of the main components are made with this standard by rigid materials.
- The portafilters has 58 mm in diameter, which resembles to other commercial coffee maker and it is made by heavy duty marine grade brass with chrome plating for everlasting.
- The group head is also from brass and chrome plating for optimal temperature control.
- It uses a 17.5 BAR pump, which is higher than others in the range ( 15 BAR mostly) with high voltage boiler and frothing wand
- 3-way solenoid valve results in a dry puck – makes for easy clean-up.
- The machine is able to run with coffee pods so it can deliver 2 cups at once.
- It has a large water tank so you can make several cups before refilling. This 72 ounce water tank is easy to fill or to clean afterward.
- Temperature ready light for noticing you when the machine is ready to use
- This machine is made in Italy.
Downside of this Gaggia is that the steam wand is not very good, so users just replace it with another.
Comparison between Gaggia 14101 Classic Espresso Machine and Rancilio Silvia
When you are heading for a semi-automatic espresso makers, these two machines from 2 different brands are perhaps the best on the field, but which one will be more suitable to you?
Before deciding to take either Gaggia 14101 or Rancilio Silvia, should you consider some of the main differences between them.
The Gaggia 14101 Classic Espresso Machine is one of the best espresso maker for those who are busy but need a shot of espresso daily to fresh up. The machine is designed to meet commercial grade, delivers constant cups of espresso day by day but require less cleaning duties. Despite some components are not very stable (steam wand for example), this machine is still the best seller in the range of sub $400 that other can’t beat. You can check this model here on Amazon for more discounts and savings.