Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine Reviews
The Breville BES870XL is a semi-automatic espresso maker with a built-in grinder, giving consumer the best espresso shot because in coffee world, freshness is the best of all.
- 1 What make the Breville BES870XL a special espresso machine?
- 2 Pros and Cons of Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine
- 3 Features and construction of the Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine
- 4 Customer reviews on the Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine
- 5 Conclusion
What make the Breville BES870XL a special espresso machine?
First, it is a semi-automatic coffee machine but it has a built-in grinder so you can grind the coffee bean right just before making any shot. There if a fact that the coffee flavor, crema and taste will be lesser after you grind the coffee bean in about 5 minutes. Thanks to the integrated burr grinder, now you can make a fresh and quality espresso in a very convenient way.
Second, it has a pressure gauge which is a big advantage for you to estimate if the coffee puck is extracted in a right way or not, not merely by visual indicators like color, steam, or time.
Third, it is a semi-automatic coffee machine with multiple functions but there will still be room for you to experiment. If you are an espresso beginner, you can choose two dual-wall, pressurized filters that regulate pressure and help optimize the extraction, and you can get the perfect espresso shot at the end. But if you are a more advanced coffee aficionado, then you can play around with grind sizes, drink amount, tamping pressure and more.
Last but not least, this machine is made to last with the most sturdy materials and an elegant design. This machine will elevate your kitchen to another levels.
A closer look
If you are looking for a semi-automatic espresso coffee maker for using on daily basis which has an integral coffee grinder in just about $600, this Breville BES870XL will be a sweet-pot for you to explore the art of espresso.
Pros and Cons of Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine
- Integrated coffee grinder and bean hopper
- Durable and sturdy machine
- Simple land elegant look
- a lot of functions and manual modes for experiment
- A sweet pot in semi-automatic coffee maker category
- If you are not familiar with a semi-automatic machine, it can be messy when you use first time.
Features and construction of the Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine
- Integrated grinder and bean hopper. The stainless steel grinder is made with conical burr designed, aimed for maximizing the grinding surface and everlasting. The bean hopper has a locking system which is very easy to handle, clean and empty
- Grind amount setting. This function will let you to choose either to make a fine grind or a coarser one. This button will let you to adjust the amount of power in each extraction time.
- Filter size. There are two options. If you are a beginner, you can choose dual filter wall to yield a finest coffee power. As a results, you will have the best espresso shot every time. If you want to experiment, you can choose single-filter wall basket.
- Magnetic tamper (54mm). This function is for expert tamping control
- Hands-free grinding cradle: push portafilter into cradle and freshly ground espresso will be dispensed directly into the filter. Grinder automatically stops when the indicated amount has been dispensed.
- 54mm stainless steel portafilter: with commercial style spouts.
- 67 fl. oz. removable water tank: top-fill tank with replaceable water filter to reduce impurities and scale.
- Volumetric control: preset 1 and 2 cup volumes, manual over-ride, or reprogrammable shot volumes.
- Espresso pressure gauge: monitors espresso extraction pressure.
- Thermocoil heating system: integrated stainless steel water coil accurately controls water temperature.
- Clean me light: indicates when a cleaning cycle is required. Cleaning kit included.
- 360-degree swivel action steam wand: for effortless milk texturing.
- Auto purge function: automatically adjusts water temperature after steam for optimal espresso extraction temperature.
- Removable drip tray: partitioned for both wet and dry spills, with ‘Empty me!’ indicator for when it’s full.
Customer reviews on the Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine
The Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine is highly appraised from the consumer, rating at top 4 best seller on Amazon website by about 1000 buyers. Here are some of the buzzes around this model
“A convenient, easy to use Espresso Machine” by armaraas
“Breville BES870XL – really fun to use! Read this for those who struggle with under-extracting ” by Timothy Jung
“Jump in… the coffee’s fine!” by ED
Watch a review of the Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine here
The Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine is a truly espresso maker for those looking for a pefect coffee shot on daily basis with less of maintenance but there are a lot of rooms for you to discover the art and science of espresso.