- 1 #1. Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Steam Espresso System with Milk Frother, ECM 160
- 2 #2. Mr. Coffee ECMP1000 Café Barista
- 3 #3. Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine
- 4 #4. Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso
- 5 #5. Gaggia Brera Superautomatic Espresso Machine
- 6 How to find the best espresso machine -buying guide 2017
- 7 Related Post
Updated: September 2017
You are planning to own an espresso machine for yourself to make a real and perfect espresso! You are confusing among hundreds of Espresso Machines in the market! You do not know which Espresso Machine is best to you in terms of budget, value, or convenience! And you are thinking about the best place to buy the coffee maker! This page hopefully can cover your issues in choosing an appropriate Espresso Machine so that you can choose the most suitable Espresso Machine for yourself.
Skip the intro? Here is the Best Espresso Coffee Maker List 2017-2018
#1. Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Steam Espresso System with Milk Frother, ECM 160
Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Steam Espresso System with Milk Frother, ECM 160 is a Steam Espresso Machine which uses steam pressure to brew coffee. It makes good cappuccinos when the milk is steamed at the proper temperature. The price is very affordable (only under $50), so if you are a beginner of using the espresso machine with affordable budget, Mr. Coffee 4-Cup ECM160 is the best chosen for you.
Pros and Cons of Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Steam Espresso System with Milk Frother, ECM 160
- Inexpensive price for beginner (under $50 range)
- Small design, suitable for presenting as gift
- Operate quietly
- Create good froth milk
- Removable tip makes it easy for cleaning
- Cannot produce true espresso like the pump espresso machine
- Take a certain time to clean after making coffee (unplug power for pressure release, put more water to clean any left residue)
- Low bar pressure (3 bar)
Highlighting features of Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Steam Espresso System with Milk Frother, ECM 160
- Brewing preparation time: fast
- Taste: good but it is not a true espresso
- Water tank: Fixed
- Milk: Manual steaming
- Tools:Glass carafe, measuring scoop/tamper
- Steam Heat forces hot steam through the filter for dark, rich espresso brew
- Frothing Arm makes creamy froth to top off your cappuccinos and lattes
- Easy Pour Glass Carafe serves up to 4 shots with just the tilt of the wrist
- The Drip Catcher is a removable, washable drip tray to collect coffee drips and keep brew space neat and clean
#2. Mr. Coffee ECMP1000 Café Barista
Best budget Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine (above $150 range)
The Mr. Coffee ECMP1000 Café Barista is the #1 Best Seller of semi expresso coffee machine, rated by over 1,200 users. If you are in tight budget, you don’t want to spend much money on buying the espresso machine. But if you still want to enjoy a real cup of coffee with topped froth milk and fascinating taste, then you can choose a semi-automatic espresso machine with affordable price of Mr. Coffee ECMP1000 Café Barista. Mr. Coffee ECMP1000 Café Barista is chosen by great number of consumers because of its trademark reputation, positive reviews and good price.
Highlighting features of Mr. Coffee ECMP1000 Café Barista
- Brewing reparation time: fastest among 3 types of Mr.Coffee espresso machines: Mr. Coffee Steam Espresso maker, Pump espresso maker and Barista Pump espresso maker.
- Taste: Great taste with true crema
- Removable water tank for easy filling
- Automatic frothing with removable milk tank so you can clean/ store the milk tank in the fridge after use
- Semi-automatic 3-in-1 espresso, cappuccino and latte maker.
- 15-bar pump system brews rich-tasting espresso coffee.
- Trouble-free, automatic milk frother takes the guesswork out of frothing milk.
- One-touch control panel for drink selections.
- Creates single and double servings.
- Measuring Scoop/Tamper; Filter for Single and Double Espresso
Pros and cons of Mr. Coffee ECMP1000 Café Barist
- Create great taste with a lot of foam
- Simple and easy to use: you just need to choose a single or double shot filter, then select your grounds as well as fill the milk reservoir. Finally, you choose your brew and wait for a tasty cup of coffee. This espresso machine is suitable for novice
- Convenient with one-touch control panel: you can select to make one shot or double shot of different selection. Espresso, capuccino or latte is on your hand with one button.
- Automatic milk frother: milk is automatically frothed into your espresso, cappuccino or latte. The automatic milk frother helps to turns milk into a light, creamy foam perfect for drizzling with chocolate, sprinkling with cinnamon or nutmeg
- Removable milk reservoir fills and drip catcher:With this special feature, you can easily clean the reservoir with less effort .
Be ready for some extra works after making the espresso because you need to clean some removable patterns of the machine. However, it is necessary to ensure the espresso machine to work well for time.
The Mr. Coffee ECMP1000 Café Barista is most suitable to you if you plan to spend tight budget to own an Espresso Machine at home. You don’t need to spend much money, but you still have a chance to enjoy a great cup of espresso with real taste of coffee at home.
#3. Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine
Best value Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine
Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine is a well-built, durable and high-quality Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine in the market. With its long lasting value and quality, Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine has been a significant close friend in many housings or kitchens. Many espresso connoisseurs owns Rancilio Silvia for 5 years or 10 years and more and they enjoy the moment of making their own coffee in a special manner with Rancilio Silvia. So, let’s go in further to know more about this best value machine.
Pros and cons of Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine
- Made of very durable and top-quality materials (iron frame and stainless steel side panels), unchangeable value and quality despite long time of using
- Precise steam pressure ensures well steam articulation to make a perfect latte quality milk
- Heating element is removable that makes it easy to clean and repair
- Easy and simple to use with one push button
- Does not include PID temperature control
- Additional coffee grinder and tamper needed to go along with this machine; however, it worth investigating so that you can make a perfect espresso, cappuccino or latte with same quality as coffee shop
Features of Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine
- Ergonomic porta filter handle same as the proven design of Rancilio commercial machines
- Commercial grade group head for superb heat stability and extraction quality
- Articulating steam wand offers complete range of motion and professional steaming knob precisely controls steaming pressure
- Classic linear design fits most decors
- Optional pod and capsule adaptor kit available
If you are looking for the most value Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine, so this could be the best choice for you. The value of time and quality of espresso that Rancilio Silvia offers you is much more valuable than its price. Just enjoy fascinating flavor and special true taste Rancilio brings to your house.
#4. Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso
Professional espresso coffee maker which is for bars, restaurants and espresso lover
Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso is a high-quality product with professional design. This Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine not only serves you a fascinating espresso, but also is most desirable machine for many espresso connoisseurs because it brings you to the real wonderful world of espresso. So, what makes the differences and brings this Espresso Machine to No.1 best seller in 2017?
Pros and Cons of Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso
- Integrated coffee grinder optimizes extraction of flavor from the beans. Thanks to the built-in grinder, you can both save time of grinding coffee for every shot and make a fresh, creamy and tasty espresso conveniently. Beans grinded at the same time of making your shot will bring better fresh and flavor smell than the ones did in 10 or 20 minutes ago.
- Automatic temperature adjust of water after steaming, so you don’t worry whether water is hot enough or overheat that affect your drink.
- Multiple functions allows you to control making your espresso as what you want. The beans and the size of the grounds can be set depending on your wish or even you can pick the size of the filter. How many beans needed for each shot can also be decided. So, if you are newbie, you can follow manual for a perfect end shot, but if you are more experienced, just adjust and decide whatever grind sizes, drink amount, tamping pressure for your desires espresso
- Elegant and light design with stainless steel casing which makes it looks more professional and bright in your kitchen.
- A little bit complicated for novice at first time of using, however, when you can master the manual, it is very easy and convenient for you thanks to its fitness in every phase
- Make sure you spend certain time to keep the machine as clean as it is, if can, you can enjoy the golden quality of this product.
Features of Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso
- Integrated conical burr grinder and half-pound bean hopper:stainless steel conical burrs optimize extraction of flavor from the bean by maximizing the surface area of the grinds. Use freshly ground beans for every shot for more full espresso flavor. Hopper has locking system for easy removal, storage and transfer of coffee beans.
- Grind size and grind amount selector dials:choose among grind settings from fine to coarse and adjust the amount of freshly ground espresso dosed into the filter basket.
- Filter size button:indicate whether you are using a single- or double-wall filter basket and the grinder will dispense the required amount of ground coffee for the appropriate filter type.
- 54mm tamper:for expert tamping control. With magnetized storage, but removable for easy tamping.
- Hands-free grinding cradle:push portafilter into cradle and freshly ground espresso will be dispensed directly into the filter. Grinder automatically stops when the indicated amount has been dispensed.
- 54mm stainless steel portafilter: with commercial style spouts.
- 67 fl. oz. removable water tank:top-fill tank with replaceable water filter to reduce impurities and scale.
- Volumetric control:preset 1 and 2 cup volumes, manual over-ride, or reprogrammable shot volumes.
- Espresso pressure gauge:monitors espresso extraction pressure.
- Thermocoil heating system:integrated stainless steel water coil accurately controls water temperature.
- Clean me light:indicates when a cleaning cycle is required. Cleaning kit included.
- 360-degree swivel action steam wand:for effortless milk texturing.
- Auto purge function:automatically adjusts water temperature after steam for optimal espresso extraction temperature.
- Removable drip tray:partitioned for both wet and dry spills, with ‘Empty me!’ indicator for when it’s full.
Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso is really a professional Espresso Machine that makes your making coffee simple with multiple functions. No need to go out for drinking coffee, you still can enjoy a perfect cup of espresso with some simple presses. That’s why this machine always holds Best seller position with lots of positive reviews for many years. Invest one in your home and enjoy the real taste and flavor of espresso every day!
#5. Gaggia Brera Superautomatic Espresso Machine
Super-Automatic Espresso Machine at the most affordable price
Gaggia Brera Superautomatic Espresso Machine is best choice for those who wish to find a high-quality Super-Automatic espresso Machine on a low budget. This machine is easy to use which satisfies both novices and experienced aficionados. Gaggia Brera Superautomatic Espresso Machine not only costs you low cost, high quality but also save you dollars thanks to its energy saving design. Especially, despite soft price compared to other espresso machines in the market, Gaggia Brera Superautomatic Espresso Machine can make you great tasting espresso with simple button press. Let’s have a look at its advantages as well as its drawbacks so that you can have the best your of your own.
Pros and Cons of Gaggia Brera Superautomatic Espresso Machine
- Low energy consumption: The machine will standby after a certain time of not being used, so it will automatically save you lots of energy after years of using. Consequently, electricity cost for operating this machine is not big matter for your home/office.
- Four stages of water filtration: With this health-concerned characteristic, water will be filtered four times before starting the brewing process. Therefore, all of the impurities and sludge will be removed out of the water to ensure you a healthy cup of espresso.
- Pre-infusion feature: This feature of the machine is the key factor to create good tasting espresso with real fascinating flavor because it helps to extract maximum flavor of the coffee ground without any aroma release.
- Additional automatic care program notifies you to check the machine when it requires attention of checking the machine for any missed used.
- The water tank of this espresso machine is perfect for 4-5 shots of espresso per day due to its small size; that means you will need to refill more water when you want to make the next 5 shots of espresso.
Gaggia Brera Superautomatic Espresso Machine is really an economical espresso machine with low price and highlighted energy saving feature. Therefore, if you don’t want to spend much money on buying super-automatic espresso machine, if you want to save pennies for other home appliances and if you want to enjoy real flavor coffee, Gaggia Brera Superautomatic Espresso Machine is advisably your best consideration.
How to find the best espresso machine -buying guide 2017
If you are a newbie, it is essential to know how to distinguish each type of Espresso Machine before buying to know what type of machine you really need. Or, if you are an experienced espresso connoisseur, it is significant to take a review before investing into a Professional Espresso Machine. There are mainly two types of espresso machine with its special features along with pros and cons accompanied.
- Steam Espresso Machine
- Pump electric Espresso Machine
In the category of pump electric espresso machine, there are two sub types:
- + Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine
- + Super-Automatic Espresso Machine
Steam Espresso Machine
This type of machine uses steam heat to force hot steam through the filter for creating espresso. The price for this one is usually affordable; it ranges from $50 to $150. However, with this type of machine, you cannot really make real espresso because the pressure is not strong enough to produce a tasty cup of coffee and it requires you to partially handy operate the machine. So, if you want to own an Espresso Machine for the first time trial of using Espresso Machine and you are in tight budget, Steam Espresso Machine can be considered.
Pump Espresso Machine
These machines use electric pump to force pressure for brewing coffee. Thanks to electric pump, the machine can create strong bars of pressure which help to produce true espresso with real taste. There are two types of pump espresso coffee makers
Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine
This type of espresso machine extremely creates true espresso with thick and good crèma for a real espresso connoisseur. You can enjoy a cup of coffee with best quality and real taste, as you want because you can control every shot with this version. Some of phases will be automatic run while some phases are handy adjusted cause it is semi-automatic, so you can make your perfect coffee depending on your adjusting. You can choose your own espresso machine between $200 and $ 1.200.
Super-Automatic Espresso Machine
If your day is busy, but you still would like to enjoy a perfect tasty espresso, cuppucino, or latte at home, the super-automatic espresso machine is your best choice. That’s because of its most convenience in comparison to the others. This type of machine automatically does all things for you with a simple action. After pressing the turn-on button, the machine will helps you to grind the coffee beans, tampers them into the filter, then boils the water as well as adjust the right pressure to make a perfect espresso. Then you just need to wait for a short time to enjoy a great flavor and tasty espresso like in a real barista without running to the coffee shop. The price for the super-automatic espresso machine is rather higher than the other machines; however, with its high quality and convenient use, the machine will fit to need in a busy day.