- 1 Best Conical Burr Coffee Grinder Reviews 2017/2018
- 2 Best Conical Burr Grinder List 2017
- 3 Best Conical Burr Grinder Reviews 2017/2018
- 3.1 #1. Capresso Infinity Conical Burr Grinder
- 3.2 #2. Capresso 464.05 CoffeeTeam GS 10-Cup Digital Coffeemaker with Conical Burr Grinder
- 3.3 #3. Cuisinart DGB-900BC Fully Automatic Burr Grind & Brew Thermal Coffeemaker
- 3.4 #4. Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill
- 3.5 #6. KRUPS F203 Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder with Stainless Steel Blades
- 3.6 #7.Mr. Coffee BMH23 Electric Burr Grinder
- 3.7 #8. Breville BCG450XL Conical Burr Grinder
- 4 Conical Burr Grinders – A Checklist On How To Choose Conical Burr Grinders – Buying Guide 2017/2018
Best Conical Burr Coffee Grinder Reviews 2017/2018
Update: September, 2017
If you have never ground your own coffee beans, you are in for a treat. Freshly ground beans produce a distinctive and pleasing aroma that you may never have experienced. Using a coffee bean grinder assures the user of an unbelievably tasty cup of coffee.
For those who purchase pre-packaged coffee, the grinder will take your coffee brewing to a higher level and soon become a source of pride. There are three types of coffee bean grinders.
- Blade Coffee Grinder – Coffee Blade Grinders are the most inexpensive grinders. With this system, the blades do the work. The two blades chop the beans up and then deposit them in the retention chamber. The reviews on these grinders is far from excellent. The ground beans are inconsistent and therefore when placed in a drip coffee maker the taste is uneven.
- Wheel Burr Grinder – With this grinder, the wheel grinds the coffee bean against a solid, stationary surface. Compared to the Blade Grinders, these are slightly more expensive. Generally, the Wheel Burr Grinder does not expose the beans to the heat level of the Blade Grinder.
- Conical Burr Coffee Grinder – This grinder is the Cadillac of the coffee grinder industry. For a kitchen appliance that looks good, performs well and has many extra features, this is the grinder of choice for savvy coffee lovers. The burrs spin employ a slower grinding process and are built to keep the beans from heat exposure. The Conical Burr Grinder works well with all types of coffees because it has 16 different selection options.
The Conical Burr Grinder costs more than either the Blade Coffee Grinder or the Wheel Burr Coffee Grinder but it has all the mechanical features and the bells and whistles that set this grinder apart.
Best Conical Burr Grinder List 2017
Price range note:
- $$: around $20-under $100
- $$$: above $100
- Please click on the photo to view the most current price
Best Conical Burr Grinder Reviews 2017/2018
#1. Capresso Infinity Conical Burr Grinder
The Capresso name and the conical burr grinder abilities combine to make a strong statement for this user friendly, mid-price range home coffee bean grinder. The sturdy, heavy-duty design and commercial-grade conical burr grinders make for years of enjoyable aroma in the coffee grinding and brewing arena.
Capresso Infinity Conical Burr Grinder Overview
This product is a robust grinder that produces great features for a middle price range bean grinder (about $100). Like all Capresso Infinity products, the heavy-duty conical burrs will please the most experienced connoisseur. Users are assured of a consistently smooth grind every time.
With the ability to grind 8-1/2 cups of beans, large groups of coffee drinkers will be delighted with the entire coffee-making presentation. The wide range of 16-grind settings ranges from very fine to medium grind to very coarse. The user will quickly discover which grind works best for various flavored coffee beans.
Due to the commercial-grade conical burr, the zinc die-cast housing is designed for years of heavy use. Unlike some grinders, there is no need to be present during the grinding process. Simply set the timer for the starting time and let this product do its good work.
The Capresso name stands for excellence in the coffee grinder industry. In addition to the one-year limited warranty, the Capresso Infinity Conical Burr Grinder is backed by the strongest support network in the industry.
Capresso Infinity Conical Burr Grinder highlighting features
- 100-watt black conical burr grinder
- 16 choice grind settings
- Commercial grade conical burrs to maximize flavor
- Bean hopper holds 8-1/2 ounces
- Grounds chamber holds 4 ounces
- Heavy-duty zinc die-cast housing
- Built-in timer
- Easy to clean
- Cleaning brush included
- Strong customer support
- Product Measurements – 7-2/3 x 5-2/5 x 10-4/5 inches
- Product Weight – 4 pounds
- One year limited warranty
#2. Capresso 464.05 CoffeeTeam GS 10-Cup Digital Coffeemaker with Conical Burr Grinder
Price: under $$$ range
This sharp and crisp coffee grinder-coffee brewing machine has the technology that advanced the grinder-brewing industry. From the black and stainless exterior to the solid feel of this appliance, this is one dependable coffee machine that will remain on display in your kitchen and will provide years of happy coffee drinkers.
Capresso 464.05 Coffee Team GS10-Cup Digital Coffee Maker With Conical Burr Grinder Overview
It is a coffee grinder, coffee maker that the connoisseur will love. With a fully functional grinding and brewing process, this unit provides the user the opportunity to grind their own beans and convert them to the finished product or to store the ground beans and use them in the future.
Most impressive are the many safety features like the 2-hour automatic shut-off. The 6-ounce bean container has a clear viewer window. The container can be easily removed for cleaning. The LCD digital panel makes grinding and brewing as easy as making the proper grinding and brewing selections.
This pleasing to the eye, must-have product is carefully constructed with a slow grinder that yields minimal heat while emitting a delightful aroma. Use the timing settings to prepare your choices when you awaken in the morning to the pleasing, rich aroma of your chosen brew.
Capresso 464.05 Coffee Team GS10-Cup Digital Coffee Maker With Conical Burr Grinder features
- 10-cup coffee maker with built-in Conical Burr Grinder.
- 900-Watt, 200-degree brew temperature
- Fully programmable
- Digital Control Panel With LCD Display
- 5 Grinder settings ranging from coarse to fine
- 5 Brew selections
- 6-Ounce bean container
- Clock with timer
- Brew Pause option
- Can Brew with or without grinder
- 2-Hour auto shut-off
- Non-stick warming coated warming
- 1 (one) Water charcoal filter included
- Sharp black and stainless steel exterior
- Product Measurements – 9-1/5 x 9-15 x 15-1/5
- Product Weight – 13 pounds
#3. Cuisinart DGB-900BC Fully Automatic Burr Grind & Brew Thermal Coffeemaker
Price: $$$ range
Cuisinart DGB-900BC Fully Automatic Burr Grind & Brew Thermal Coffeemaker Overview
The Cuisinart DGB-900BC coffeemaker and Burr grinder is an automated producer of any coffee products. The user places the beans in the bean hopper then selects the desired number of cups of coffee between 2 and 12. Next, the user simply chooses the desired strength. There are three options, strong, medium or mild.
With flexible settings, the user can set the grinding and brewing process to begin up to 24 hours in advance. The bean hopper prevents moisture accumulation with a tight seal cover at the top. The thermal carafe will keep coffee hot and fresh for hours.
The Cuisinart DGB-900BC Fully Automatic Burr Grind & Brew Thermal Coffeemaker has many safety features. The appliance is solidly constructed with a pleasing black and stainless look that will be right at home on any kitchen counter. An automatic shut-off prevents the brewer from overheating.
The easy to understand control panel makes this coffee grinder – brewer easy to use. With a three year limited warranty, Cuisinart is putting a strong emphasis on the quality of their workmanship. For those savvy coffee drinkers who look forward to a home grinding – brewing experience, this unit serves multi-purposes. This appliance is a great value that will last for years.
Cuisinart DGB-900BC Fully Automatic Burr Grind & Brew Thermal Coffeemaker Features
- Coffeemaker with 12-cup capacity
- 24-hour fully programmable
- Carafe is double walled for insulation
- Built-in automatic grinder
- Brew strength options
- Grind control
- 8-ounce bean container
- Auto shutoff
- Charcoal water filter
- Brew-pause option
- Product measurements – 10-2/3 x 8–4/9 x 16-1/4
- Product Weight – 10 – pounds
- 3-year limited warranty
#4. Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill
This is a well-priced Cuisinart product that is designed to accommodate any type of coffee bean with its 18 different grinding choices. Users find that Turkish beans require fine grinding while French beans need coarser settings but this machine can accommodate whatever the coffee lover prefers.
Price: under $$ range
Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill Overview
This dedicated coffee bean grinder is a tremendous buy for those who prefer grinding their own beans for their special coffee treat. For coffee or Espresso, this product provides a smooth grind for any flavored or regular coffee bean. It is nearly impossible to resist the fresh aroma of the newly ground coffee beans.
With its splashy stainless steel exterior, this appliance works well and looks great on any kitchen counter. If the user is multi-tasking the grinding selection should be made and then the timer set so that other chores can be completed as the grinder is working.
The Burr grinding process is designed to protect the bean’s oils and therefore the desired flavor. The ground bean is stored in a chamber that can be easily removed to transfer the smooth, consistent contents to a coffee maker.
The product has a built-in power cord and is easy to clean. The bean hopper and hopper lid, the grinding burr and the chamber are easily removed for cleaning purposes. As a safety feature, the machine will not operate if either the chamber or hopper or grinding burr is securely in place.
Last but not least, the Cuisinart DBM-8 is very affordable (under $50) therefore most of users are pleased when buying it.
Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill Features
- Heavy-duty automatic coffee mill
- Elegantly styled
- Burr grinding components
- 18-position grinding selection
- Built-in timer
- Built-in power cord
- Choose number of cups between 4 and 18
- Large bean hopper with tight lid
- Product Measurements – 6-3/4 x 9-3/4 x 5
- Product Weight – 5 pounds
- 18-month limited warranty
Cuisinart Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill Overview
The Cuisinart Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill is an ideal product for any coffee lover. This coffee grinder features high-quality, durable construction. Because it grinds coffee beans using burrs instead of blades, it creates a consistent, uniform grind without harming the coffee’s natural flavor. With the Cuisinart Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill’s 18-position grind selector, it is possible to achieve the perfect grind for numerous different applications.
This makes this unit ideal for anyone who loves espresso, French drip, or anything in between. This grinder also features an adjustable slider that lets the user grind anywhere from four to eighteen cups. Once the correct amount of coffee has been ground, the machine shuts itself off automatically.
When ready to use the ground coffee, the grind chamber comes out easily, making it simple to transfer the grounds from the grinder to the coffee brewer.
Not only does this unit offer numerous options, the Cuisinart Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill also features attractive styling. The machine has an elegant yet durable stainless steel housing and black plastic accent pieces. All the pieces are easily removable for quick clean-up, and the grinder features state-of-the-art safety features that prevent the grinder from engaging when all pieces are not securely in place.
The Cuisinart Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill also comes with an 18-month manufacturer’s warranty.
#6. KRUPS F203 Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder with Stainless Steel Blades
Price: $$ range, best seller Coffee Grinder
Coffee grinders arrive in all styles and dimensions, but not many are as useful, long lasting, and compact as the KRUPS F203 Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder with Stainless Steel Blades. Even with the mouthful of a identify, this low cost grinder leaves an extremely modest presence on your kitchen counter-top and grinds through your coffee beans in zero time flat. This particular unit is far from a innovative piece of coffee brewing device. In reality, it has been around for more than 15 years, but it still sells nicely due to the fact you simply can not expand on essential features executed well, for an affordable price.
The Krups Fast Touch measures about 6 inches high (with the cover in place), 5 inches wide, and possesses an oval appearance to it. In a glossy black color design, it blends in with most kitchen areas, however the significant component of this grinder is its effectiveness. It supplies you up to 15 cups of coffee, although typical coffee consumers will not really want to overfill it. Merely a handful of coffee beans and about 9 seconds on the grind will produce you a great cup of joe.
The drawback of the Fast Touch is that it does not have an adjustable configuring of the grind, so you need to calculate by time if you have a certain degree of coarseness that you want. Testing will remedy that issue, and the toughness of the device will make certain you have a great decade or more in order to do so. You need to be aware that this is a large noise appliance, so if you are searching for a product that will not wake up the children any time you are preparing your early breakfast cappuccino, you may need to keep searching other grinder models.
#7.Mr. Coffee BMH23 Electric Burr Grinder
Price: $$ range
Mr. Coffee BMH23 Electric Coffee Grinder overview
The Mr. Coffee BMH23 Electric Coffee Grinder makes grinding coffee beans at home quick and easy. It has a low price tag yet offers a number of features that are not available on many similarly priced products. This grinder is compact in size measuring just 8.4 x 7.9 x 12.8 inches and weighs only 4.3 pounds. It is available in black or white, so it will fit into most any kitchen décor. The grinding chamber is removable and can be washed in the dishwasher. The Mr. Coffee BMH23 Electric Coffee Grinder also features a convenient flip top lid with a wide mouth that makes emptying and refilling the unit easy and mess-free. It also features the patented Chamber Maid cleaning system which works to scrape the bowl and remove coffee from grinder. This makes clean-up a breeze, and there is much less wasted coffee.
To ensure the perfect grind, the Mr. Coffee BMH23 Electric Coffee Grinder features 18 different grind settings. It can be used to grind anywhere from 4 to twelve cups. Measurements are clearly marked on the outside of the grinder, so it is simple to grind just the right amount each time. The Mr. Coffee BMH23 Electric Coffee Grinder also comes with a 1-year limited warranty from the manufacturer.
#8. Breville BCG450XL Conical Burr Grinder
Price: $$$ range
Breville BCG450XL Conical Burr Grinder overview
The Breville BCG450XL Conical Burr Grinder is an ideal machine for creating fresh, evenly ground coffee at home. It features several different settings that allow users to create ultra-fine grinds for Turkish coffee, coarse grinds for percolators, and most anything in between. Thanks to the conical burr design, the beans are ground evenly no matter what coarseness is desired.
The machine also comes with a built-in timer that can be set for 10 to 30 seconds of grinding. Unlike blade grinders, conical burr grinders such as this operate at a slower speed. Since this method generates less heat, the beans are not burned and retain their flavor and aroma. The slower speed of this grinder also makes it quieter than many other models. The bean hopper holds up to half a pound of beans and can be easily removed. The hopper is clearly marked with easy-to-read settings that make it possible to create the perfect grind for a variety of beverages.
This grinder features attractive styling and durable stainless steel housing. It has anti-static technology, so ground beans are less likely to become stuck. The hopper and top burr are removable for easy cleaning. At a lower price than many similarly designed models, the Breville BCG450XL Conical Burr Grinder packs a number of professional-quality features into an attractive space-saving design that is ideal for home use.
Conical Burr Grinders – A Checklist On How To Choose Conical Burr Grinders – Buying Guide 2017/2018
A conical burr coffee grinder are definitely the best kind of electric coffee grinder. The burrs grind the coffee at a much slower speed when compared to the flat burr coffee grinder, preserving the taste of your coffee beans. Conical burr grinders also grind the coffee to a consistently sized grind. How do you choose a conical burr coffee grinder amongst all the available choices? Here is a short checklist of things you should consider when buying a conical burr coffee grinder:
1. Variety of grind settings
A large range of grind settings on the conical burr coffee grinder means that you will be able to grind the coffee beans very coarsely or very finely, depending on what you want to brew. Having the flexibility of the large variety of grind settings means that you can make french pressed coffee, espresso or even Turkish coffee, depending on your tastes. Good conical burr grinders have 15 or more grind settings.
The average capacity of the bean container of good quality conical burr grinders is about 8 ounces. A bean container that can hold about 8 ounces of beans is quite sufficient for home use. Depending on your needs, you might need a bigger bean container but the average size is definitely good enough for the home.
Most modern electric coffee grinders have a timer, so that you don’t have to hold down a button to continue the grinding process. Do check that your preferred grinder has a timer.
Does the conical burr coffee grinder have any safety features that you might want? For example, a good safety feature to have is so have the grinder to automatically stop the grinding process if the bean container suddenly comes unlocked.
Conical burr grinders are a premium product, and you should insist on a well established brand when buying such a coffee grinder. Good brands include Capresso, Breville and Krups, amongst others. An established brand will also be more likely to provide better support just in case of any technical difficulties with your grinder.
Price is still a factor in any purchase, but in my opinion, good conical burr grinders are a very worthwhile investment as it’s only a one time payment for what may be years of good tasting coffee. The good news is that a good conical burr coffee grinder doesn’t cost as much as before, and online retailers like Amazon offer good discounts off the list price, with free shipping thrown in as well.
Conical Burr Grinders –Pros and Cons
In the coffee bean grinder industry, the conical burr grinders set the bar very high for all competitors. The flexible character of these grinders enables the product to suit the most active connoisseurs. With a wide range of grinding capabilities ranging from very fine to very coarse, the conical burr grinder always delivers a smooth, balanced finished product.
Advantages of Conical Burr Grinders
- To ensure maximum flavor, the conical burr grinders are designed to retain the coffee bean’s flavor by assuring that the beans are not warmed during the grinding process.
- Flexibility – Most conical burr grinders offer a range up to 16 settings from very fine to very coarse.
- Heavy duty construction – Conical burr grinders are usually cast with zinc die-cast housing that preserves the life of the grinder far beyond the terms of any competitors and looks great in any kitchen. These solid grinders fit comfortably and attractively on any kitchen counter.
- Conical burr grinders are equipped to handle preset timing. Most can be set up to 24 hours in advance. These grinders are commercial grade that are easy to break down for cleaning purposes.
Things To Consider
- The fresh cut aroma delivered by the conical burr grinder is likely to increase demand for fresh coffee. If the user is not prepared to present freshly ground beans at a moment’s notice, the grinder might be placed in a storage closet rather than in plain view.
- Conical burr grinders are usually priced slightly higher than other grinders. However, when it comes to value, these grinders are durable, flexible and worth every cent of a solid purchase.
- What is clear is that the distinctive quality of construction and the grinding process is far superior to any other grinder on the market. If you desire freshly ground coffee beans, conical burr grinders are the right selection.
I hope this post will help you choose a better coffee grinder and improve your coffee drinking experience!
You might interested in