Baratza Vario W Coffee Grinder Review
- 1 Baratza Vario-W 986 – Flat Ceramic Burr Coffee Grinder with Shut-off Hopper and Bin Reviews
- 2 Introduction of Baratza Vario-W 986
- 3 Pros and cons of the Baratza Vario-W 986
- 4 Highlighting features of the Baratza Vario-W 986
- 5 Customer reviews of Baratza Vario-W 986
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 FAQs of Baratza Vario-W 986
Baratza Vario-W 986 – Flat Ceramic Burr Coffee Grinder with Shut-off Hopper and Bin Reviews
Update: April 2017
Introduction of Baratza Vario-W 986
Baratza Vario-W 986 is a crazy well-built coffee grinder that brings the most precision in coffee espresso preparation to coffee aficionados. If you are looking for the greatest coffee grinder which you can control to every details (timing, real-time scale and more), you will find the Baratza Vario-W 986 is the greatest one. However, it is quite expensive (about $500 price range) so it is for the advanced level of espresso coffee lover. You can check the price and current discount of this model here, or to find a more affordable coffee grinder here.
- Rating: 3.8/5.0
- Type: ceramic burr coffee grinder
- Grade: professional grade
Pros and cons of the Baratza Vario-W 986
- Commercial grade machine: This machine comes with 230 grinding setting so you might expect it is more than a coffee grinder for entry level users.
- Quiet when running thanks to the durable and slow motion ceramic burrs.
- Precise adjustment up to 0.1 g with integral scale
- Not dispensing straight to the portafilter necessitates an extra step
- The plastic grounds bin isn’t designed to be scooped with a spoon and grounds cling to it
Highlighting features of the Baratza Vario-W 986
This model would be appropriate for your home as well as for your office as its compact in size. It is very widely used for commercial purposes as well. This grinder has a strong and sharp cutter which gives the best possible results for longer time. It keeps the temperature of the coffee cool by restraining the heat transmitted to the grinds from the burrs.
You can choose what type of grind you’d like to have from the right hand lever and can fine tune the grind from the left hand lever. There are more than 230 grind settings that enable you to get the best possible grind beans. No wonders the machine doesn’t get heated up more than normal but in case if it does then it is fitted with an automatic thermal switch that would automatically turn off the machine when it gets heated.
There are several highlights from this model such as
- Fully integrated real-time weight-based grinder.
- Small footprint, presize adjustment, expensive and durable ceramic burrs
- Professional-grade grinder, can be used for any situation ranging from home to coffee shop and five star restaurant
- Accuracy level up to 0.1 gram.
- 230 distinct and repeatable settings for any style of coffee.
- 54mm ceramic flat burrs provide accurate, fast-grinding (averaging 2 g/sec)
- The high-torque DC motor and belt drive transmission mean your beans are in for a smooth, cool ride.
- Digital Control Panel for easy using
With this grinder you get a warranty of full one year plus a manual book of instructions to help you guide you throughout the grinding process. You also get Lid, PortaHolder and Grounds bin when you order this product.
Customer reviews of Baratza Vario-W 986
The Baratza Vario W delivers more than what customers have expected of. Users are impressed by the consistency of grinds and the ability to change grinding settings. Besides, the Baratza Vario W uses ceramic burr so it does not have static electric build-up, which will not cause messes like casual coffee grinders.
You can easily find comments about this model such as:
The Baratza Vario W 986 is a high-end professional ceramic burr grinder which is best known for the consistency and accuracy (by weight, not time like casual one). The model is best suited for professional baristas and coffee shop. It has a high price compared to stainless steel conical burr type but it is a worthy investment if you want to manage your espresso cup to the expert level. You can check the price of Baratza Vario W 986 and current discount here.
FAQs of Baratza Vario-W 986
Baratza vario w manual
A lot of users do not take advantages of using the manual and actually there are several useful tips inside the manual such as how to troubleshoot the machine, or how to auto-clean the grinder, how to grind the coffee bean based on weight (using TARE button). You can check the manual here.
Baratza vario w refurbished vs. new
To save the budget there is a trend that users choose the certified refurbished Baratza Vario W rather than the completely new model. The main difference between the refurbished and the new one is that, the refurbished products come to the distributor warehouse but it packaging is damaged. As a result, it has a lower price (generally 20%) compared to the new one. So, if you do not care about the packaging (I bet you are not), you can check the refurbished products to cut off the price. Check the refurbished Baratze Vario W here.
March 27, 2017
March 26, 2017